Research and Development
OUR LATEST NEWS
Rakon oscillators launched into Space on environmental mission on board the Indo-French SARAL satellite!
Mougins France, February 26, 2013 – Rakon is proud to announce it is part of the exploration of science and contributes to study the environment, from space, thanks to its Ultra Stable...
Rakon France partners with COMPONENT MATTERS to develop and maximize opportunities in the UK space market
Rakon France has concluded a representative agreement with COMPONENT MATTERS to promote and sell its range of crystal products for the space market in the UK. The product range of...
Rakon will exhibit at 2012 European Frequency and Time Forum EFTF that will be held 24th- 27th April in Gothenburg, Sweden
The event will provide information on recent advances and trends of scientific research, manufacturing technology and industrial development in the area of frequency and time with...
ABOUT RAKON FRANCE
Rakon France designs and manufactures space qualified and military standard frequency control products using the latest technology in crystal resonators and filters, SAW and crystal oscillators, and signal processing sub-systems. We are using discrete, surface mount, ceramic and hybrid packaging technological solutions for our products.
Rakon France Hi-Rel BU has up-to- date 1350M² operating facilities with modern clean room (class 1000 to class 10000) in Troyes, near Paris.
From single crystal to high-end space and defense qualified highly reliable frequency components
Rakon France is well known for its manufacturing expertise and design approach in crystal processing on all the stages:
1. Slicing: we cut bars to make SC cut.
2. Angular improvement: this operation consists in changing the angle a little bit to have a good spread.
3. Rounding : we round the square crystal (after this operation we have a circular one)
4. Lapping: we process the first step in reducing the thickness for adjusting the frequency.
5. Polishing: it is the second step of frequency adjustment with a thinner abrasive.
6. Cleaning: we remove all abrasives with cleaning agents.
7. Plating : we start to add metal layer to adjust the frequency
8. Cementing : we stick the lens and metallic bases together with an electro-conductive paste
9. Final adjustment : we add a small quantity of metal to adjust precisely the frequency
10. Encapsulation/packaging: we close the package under controlled atmosphere
11. Pre aging : we make a thermal stabilization on the resonator
A perfect knowledge of the crystals process and very skilled engineering and R&D enable us to propose an appropriate crystal technology solution to meet high-end design requirements.